Attending the April Board Meeting, held at the Chapter Hangar April 21st:
Mike Parry, John Leslie, Chuck Shipman, Sandy Walther, Glenn Long, Larry Van Deusen, Carl Spirito, Nat Hauser
- Treasurers Report; current balance is $11,617 following purchase of chairs and payment of LPG bills.
- Membership Report; paid membership for 2011 is 129. Mike will continue to follow-up on members who have yet to renew.
- Lifetime Membership were discussed, the meeting agreeing to make no changes unless approached by individual members
- ‘Junior membership’ was raised and discussed. Larry is to contact EAA National for guidance.
- Pancake Breakfasts – May 14th our first event; RV Fly-In too. Mike to contact Sue & Rich Marsh to arrange getting and maintaining supplies
- Young Eagles; John and Nate update the meeting, EAA insurance for all 2011 events has been obtained. This years events will be organized to include and extended ‘ground-school’, will accommodate more kids, and include rain-dates. Nate is mailing local groups to promote involvement.
- Scholarship 2011; we have five candidates for our two scholarships. Glenn and his committee will determine the successful candidate by month-end. The meeting discussed the overall program and ways to achieve more. We agreed that follow-up is important, and that we should assign ‘mentors’ to maintain contact throughout and beyond the Scholarship Flight Training. Glenn to arrange for the 2011 candidates.
- Chapter Fly-Out to Dayton (July 15 & 16th); Carl update the meeting regarding hotels and arrangements. Carl and Mike to get information e-mailed to those interested.
- Next Chapter Meeting – Speakers; our next meeting will be an update from members who have aircraft builds under way. Mike to arrange.
- Meeting closed